MUSEUM QUALITY REPRODUCTION
WWI USMC MARINE P1917 WOOL TUNIC.
PLEASE NOTE: HAND MADE TO ORDER: PLEASE ALLOW 7-8 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY.
This uniform is made from a correctly made heavy forest green wool melton custom woven to our exacting specs in finish, weight and shade. We include genuine mil-spec USMC buttons in the appropriate sizes.
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) was issued a distinctive uniform in a colour refered to as “forest green”. The tunic featured a standing collar, pleated patch pockets, pointed cuff stitching, and the Marine Corps’ eagle and anchor buttons. Straight leg trousers were worn with the tunic, unlike the breeches of the U.S. Army.
The USMC wore the forest green uniform upon their arrival in the France in 1917. They would wear the uniform during the fierce fighting at Belleau Wood in June 1918. By the end of the war most Marines in France would be wearing the Army’s olive drab uniform. They were issued the Army’s uniform to keep supply issues simple, rather than supply the AEF with two different uniforms. Also there was a slight similarity of the USMC’s forest green to the German Army’s “feldgrau” ( field grey).
- Size S: 38″ Sleeve: 23″ Length: 28″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size M: 40″ Sleeve: 24″ Length: 29″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size M/L 42″ Sleeve 25″ Length 29″ (from shoulder to bottom)
- Size L: 44″ Sleeve: 25″ Length: 30″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size L/XL 46″ Sleeve 26″ Length 31 (from shoulder to bottom)
- Size XL: 48″ Sleeve: 26″ Length: 31″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size XXL: 50″ Sleeve: 27″ Length: 32″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size 3XL: 54″ Sleeve 29″ Length: 34″ (from shoulder to bottom)
LONG SIZES ADD AN ADDITIONAL 2″ IN THE SLEEVE
NEED SOMETHING LARGER OR LONGER? ORDER CUSTOM SIZE. WE WILL CONTACT YOU FOR EXACT MEASUREMENT NEEDS.