FIELD GRADE REPRODUCTION
WWII German AFRIKA KORP DAK LUFTWAFFE M43 TUNIC
Quality Reproduction of the World War Two German Luftwaffe tropical tunic in a khaki cotton.
With the Germans foray into North Africa in 1940 the need for a new uniform was quickly desired knowing that a wool uniform would not be suitable for the soldiers of the DAK (Deutsches Afrika Korps) When the soldiers arrived in Tripoli in 1941 the new tropical uniform was issued out as standard, it was made in a cotton twill material and in an Green Seen color. Around the same time the Luftwaffe had also been experimenting and designing their new uniform for the tropical climate which was also made from cotton twill but was coloured in a sand/ khaki colour instead. The new uniform was worn by all branches of Luftwaffe and Fallschirmjager serving in tropical climates.
Originally intended only for use in North Africa the uniforms use was quickly spread to those serving in hotter European climates such as Italy, Sicily, Malta, Crete but only during Summer/ Autumn duration where they would then swap out the tropical uniforms for the regular wool uniform.
They feature the correct 6 buttoned front, with hook and eye collar closure and pockets on the chest and hip as well as the holes for belt support hooks.
- Size Small: Chest: 40″ Sleeve: 23″ Length: 28″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size Medium: Chest: 42″ Sleeve: 24″ Length: 29″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size Large: Chest: 44″ Sleeve: 25″ Length: 30″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size XLarge: Chest: 46″ Sleeve: 26″ Length: 31″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size 2Xlarge: Chest: 48″ Sleeve: 27″ Length: 32″(from shoulder to bottom)
- Size 3Xlarge: Chest” 50″ sleeve 28″ Length 33″ (from shoulder to bottom)
PLEASE NOTE: LIMITED STOCK ON HAND, PLEASE EMAIL TO INQUIRE FOR AVAILABILITY, OR ALLOW 4-6 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY
SHOULDER BOARDS FOR DISPLAY ONLY AND NOT INCLUDED.